Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Pound is wireless

  1. #11
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pound is wireless

    I checked the four lane as I went down the mountain (heading north) and I didn't get a good signal until I got close to the new traffic light.

    At the vet's I got 1-2 bars of signal. It was enough to text message.

    Most spots in between were 5 bars.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  2. #12
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Pound is wireless

    I think it's hilarious that it's 2008 and this is a new topic.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pound is wireless

    What I saw today is that Pound's new tower gives better signal that what Coeburn gets. Coeburn has a lot of dead zones in town, and limited "good" signal on the bypass.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pound is wireless

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Coeburn has a lot of dead zones in town, </div></div>

    Where?
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pound is wireless

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lpd_blue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it's hilarious that it's 2008 and this is a new topic. </div></div>

    Yet you can't get a signal in St Paul or Appy.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pound is wireless

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Coeburn has a lot of dead zones in town, </div></div>

    Where? </div></div>

    My thoughts exactly, I have good signal pretty much everywhere in town and out of town till you hit about the Job Corp, and about half-way up sandy ridge, on the 4-lane toward SP it starts going as you start down Pine Hill.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pound is wireless

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Coeburn has a lot of dead zones in town, </div></div>

    Where? </div></div>

    Down at my radiator shop, service is in and out. Sometimes 1-2 bars, then none at all.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pound is wireless

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone else read the thread title as 'Pound is useless'?</div></div>


    I actually read it as Pound is worthless?

  9. #19
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Pound is wireless

    I have never not got a signal anywhere inside Coeburn limits.

    It goes out as you start down the mountain towards St. Paul and towards Cranes Nest, but anywhere else I go I have 4 or 5 bars. I haven't had a land line in years.

    Pounds tower however hasn't helped me a bit, I do a lot of work about 3 or 4 miles outside of Pound toward Clintwood, and even with the new tower still no service.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pound is wireless

    Signal is perfect here in Crab Orchard and I get it pretty much everywhere in Coeburn, starts to go out when I hit Tacoma though and don't get it back until I'm near Ramsey....Don't know what service you got, but once you get to Possum Hollow and heading towards Carfax then in St Paul there is pretty much nno service what so ever...Only place over there I get it is right where St Paul builders supply is at.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •